MSPB (Merit Systems Protection Board)
Nationwide Representation Of Federal Government
Employees Facing Investigation Or Disciplinary Action
The Merit Systems Protection Board is a quasi-judicial agency charged with protecting the integrity of the federal merit systems and the rights of individuals within those systems. One of the primary roles of the MSPB is to hear appeals of federal government employees who have been demoted, suspended or terminated on the basis of conduct or performance.
The MSPB, under the Civil Service Reform Act, guarantees a formal due process to prevent federal employers from taking arbitrary, abusive or politically motivated actions against federal employees.
- You have rights in the employee investigation, whether criminal or noncriminal allegations.
- You have a right to be notified in advance of potential discipline or removal.
- You are entitled to respond to proposed discipline to try to avoid or mitigate the fallout.
- If the adverse action is actually carried out, you have the right to contest the action through an MSBP hearing or appeal of a hearing judge's unfavorable decision.
The Devadoss Law Firm, P.L.L.C., provides the thoughtful and forceful legal advocacy you need if you have been targeted for disciplinary action. With offices in Dallas, Atlanta and Washington, DC, we represent federal employees nationwide in every phase of Merit Systems Protection Board proceedings. Do not delay. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Experienced Merit Systems Protection Board Lawyer
Before private practice, attorney Bobby Devadoss worked for two federal agencies, where he advised management officials on employment and labor matters, including disciplinary actions and terminations. He knows what you are up against and how to counter the tactics of agency officials and government lawyers. He works to protect your rights and to prevent matters from escalating to the next level, while laying the groundwork for appeal if your employer moves forward with adverse employment actions.
The Devadoss Law Firm, P.L.L.C., represents employees of any federal agency, from clerical and blue-collar personnel to managers and directors. We have handled all types of Merit Systems Protection Board cases, including:
- Performance-based actions (often a red herring for the real motivation)
- Misconduct actions (illegal acts or conduct unbecoming a federal employee)
- Retaliatory discipline (backlash for whistleblowing or filing claims)
- Discriminatory actions (adverse employment actions based on discrimination)
We Understand The Urgency And The Gravity Of Your Situation
We know that federal sector employees usually have a great deal personally invested in their jobs, from career goals and achievements to pay grade, benefits and pensions. We realize that a suspension, demotion or termination could set you back years or bring it all to an end.
Our early intervention can often make a real difference, by preventing a career-ending disciplinary action or by forcing investigators and management to honor your due process rights and "play by the book."
The Devadoss Law Firm, P.L.L.C., provides comprehensive services for any stage of the MSPB process, from answering investigators' questions all the way to federal court appeals. To discuss your situation in a free consultation, call us toll free at 888-351-0424, or contact us online.