Workers’ compensation benefits for federal employees

On Behalf of | Jun 6, 2016 | OWCP - Federal Workers' Compensation


Are you a federal employee who has been injured at work? If so, you may be entitled to federal workers’ compensation benefits.

For federal employees, workers’ compensation is handled by the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP).

Obtaining benefits is not always an easy process, even when an injury is serious and debilitating. Fortunately, help is available to federal employees who are seeking workers’ compensation after suffering any number of injuries and illnesses.

Applying for workers’ compensation benefits: Steps to take

  • Report the injury to your employer: Whether your injury is traumatic (a sudden accident) or due to repetitive motions or stress (such as carpal tunnel syndrome), it is important to report the injury to your employer.
  • Talk to an attorney: Navigating the OWCP by yourself can be overwhelming, and you may end up with less than what your claim is worth. You may be entitled to compensation to cover medical bills, rehabilitation, medical supplies, and more. When your financial security is on the line, it is important to get the help you need instead of trying to do this alone. An attorney can help you seek the full value of your claim.
  • If your claim has been denied: Do not get discouraged if your claim has been denied. You can seek an appeal of the decision. An attorney can help you with the appeals process, ensuring that your request is documented correctly and that proper steps are taken.

The Devadoss Law Firm, P.L.L.C., represents U.S. government employees across the United States. There are very few law firms in the U.S. that handle these matters. We also help clients with OPM disability retirement benefits, which often correlate with workers’ compensation.

If you are seeking workers’ compensation benefits through the OWCP, please call us for a free consultation: 888-351-0424.